Do you ever feel like there has to be more to life than the way you are living? Do you feel like you constantly struggle to stay ahead in life? Or that you will never reach your dreams/goals?
I know that feeling all too well. I used to feel exactly like that until I started learning a few things that I was doing wrong. And it all had to do with my mindset & the way I thought about EVERYTHING.
Hey guys! I am so glad you found my lil corner of the internet. If you are new here, my name is Amy & I am the blogger behind I Heart LOA.
This is where we talk about the Law of Attraction, Manifesting, Personal Development & all the WOO-WOO.
The more WOO the better.
*This post may contain affiliate links. To view our full Disclosure & Affiliate Policy just click the link provided.
*Don’t Have Time To Read? Watch This Quick Video.
I used to have the world’s worst mindset.
I was so negative all the time.
I felt like life was so hard. And that I had to struggle just to get by.
But what I didn’t know was that it was all in my mindset and the way I looked at my life.
I had a fixed mindset.
I was stubborn. And I thought that I knew it all by a young age. Sound familiar??
This is just the mindset that I grew into.
I adopted it from my parents who struggled to make ends meet.
I remember being that little girl with all the big hopes & dreams.
And as I look back on my life, I see the choices that I made and the mindset that I had then is what led me down the wrong path.
But it still made me into the person that I am today, so I think we all have a time in our life when we just say “no more!” And that is when we wake up.
Everyone wakes up at different times in their life.
When it is your time you will seek out this information just like I did.
And thank God I did because it has brought me to such an awakening. It has opened my eyes up to the world around me.
The endless possibilities, opportunities, and hope that I have now, I would never have had if I wouldn’t have gone thru the struggle that I did earlier in life!
So if you are reading my post today maybe you need some inspiration in your life.
And to learn that you can change your life. You can change period!
It all starts with your mindset.
You can rewire your brain and you can unlearn all the bs that you were taught as a kid. So there is hope!
If you will only open your mind up to the possibilities that not everything is set in stone.
And that it is ok to question what you were taught.
And to question the belief system that you have put in place for yourself.
You can change the stories that you tell yourself. Change Your Story Change Your Life
What is the difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset?
A fixed mindset is when you grow into an adult and you think that you already know everything that you need to know about the world.
You were taught at home and in school different standards to live by.
And you think that is just how the world is.
You have a fixed mindset when you don’t allow your mind to open to change and to the possibilities that life has to offer you.
You think that life is happening to you. Not for you.
It can lead you to adjust your expectations in life based on what you “think” is possible for you.
A growth mindset is when you allow your mind to be open.
You recognize that you can learn new skills and abilities.
That nothing is impossible.
That if you don’t know something that you can learn it. Or find someone that already knows the skill that you want to learn to enhance your life to teach you.
You are open to receive the information that you need to be successful.
And you realize that it is ok to not know everything.
When you are constantly learning new things you are growing.
Some ways that you can embrace a growth mindset and set yourself up for success…
- Part of developing a growth mindset is trying new things. Look at new things as an experiment. What is the harm in trying something new? Has what you’ve been doing helped your life in any way? Or are you still repeating the same patterns and routines year after year?
- Challenge yourself to do it! Set goals. Write them down and review them. Take simple action steps to get to your goals every single day! When you are striving for success, goal setting is important. I have a post all about goals that you can read by clicking the link Why Is Writing Down Your Goals Important
- Change the way you talk to yourself. Never say never.. Say not yet! Have you ever caught yourself saying things like “I will never get to where I want to be in life?” or “I will never have a successful career. I will always be stuck working hard in life?” By changing that never statement to not yet, it immediately uplifts you and gives you hope. “I am not there yet, but I will be!” see the difference in how that statement makes you feel?
- Notice that it makes you uncomfortable. Being uncomfortable is not a bad thing! Actually, when you get outside of your comfort zone, that is where all the magic happens! You will start to feel scared but excited at the same time. That excitement will send off vibrations to the universe that will attract what you want back to you! So change is GOOD!
Your mindset affects every area of your life! Only you can control your thoughts. A mindset of success can be yours if you will only rise up & claim it. Declare it to be so. And open your mind up to the possibilites! ~iheartloa.com
How can you learn more about growth mindset
- Read books about it. There are plenty of personal development books on Amazon, Goodreads, Barnes & Noble, etc. I use my Kindle all the time. On my breaks at work, I open up my Kindle on my iPhone and just read whatever personal development or Law of Attraction book that I have open. Make the time to learn! You will grow.
- Join groups on Facebook with like-minded individuals that are wanting to grow also. I am in so many groups it’s not even funny. But my favorite group that I have found on mindset is Manifestation Babe on Facebook. Just type the group name into your search bar on Facebook. Or you can find her blog by clicking the link Manifestation Babe’s Blog
- Listen to personal development podcasts. While you are cleaning your home, working out at the gym, driving to work, etc start listening to podcasts. I do this all the time too. Luckily where I work we are allowed to have radios/or our phones at our desks so that we can listen to music while we work. I instead listen to a podcast. That way I can learn as I work since I work outside the home right now. I am always growing!
- Get rid of anyone or any negative thing on your social media. If it brings you down, get rid of it! I have unfriended many people on my social media accounts just because of the negativity. I do not allow myself to read it or listen to it. I also have stopped watching the morning news. If I need to know what is going on in the world around me, I know that I will find out thru social media or if it’s important enough, someone will tell me! Get rid of the negativity if you can!
- Share your journey with others! Just like I am doing here in this post, share your journey with others. This is also the good thing about groups online. You can share your journey with other people. And when you do, you might just be inspiring someone else to open their mind too! People will resonate with you. Don’t doubt it for a second. When we share our truth with others, it opens the conversation up. And it brings light to other people. Someone might just need to hear what you have to say it. So speak your truth! And be real!
How can all of this lead me to success?
When you open your mind up to new things and new ways of thinking, you are setting yourself free.
You will start to see the world with a new set of eyes.
And you will recognize the opportunity that is around you whereas before you were closed off to it because of your fixed mindset.
Allowing yourself to be open is allowing the universe to bring you anything that your heart desires.
You are letting the light in. And once the light comes in, hope springs up.
And you will start to view everything with optimism. You will have hope for your future. And you will want to achieve your dreams and goals!
You will want to be the best version of yourself that you can possibly be. And you will want to help other people in the process.
When that light sparks inside of you, nothing can extinguish it! You will want to change your life. You will want better for yourself. And you will want to inspire other people and even the world!
If you have gotten this far in the post, then bless your heart! I know it is a pretty long post.
I believe with all my heart that when we open our mind that our world expands.
And when your world expands, more opportunities/experiences/possibilities will come to you.
I hope you have enjoyed this post.
I love all things personal development and the Law of Attraction.
I believe that we can change our life despite the circumstances that we were born into! So, don’t let your circumstances be your excuse to not grow! You can do it! I know you can!
I would love to hear from you. If you have anything that you would like to add to this post, please feel free to leave a comment.
And remember that others can learn from your comments just as much as they can learn from my post!
*Don’t Forget To Pin For Later. Thank you 😉
Till next time