How To Invest In Your Own Personal Growth Without Spending A Fortune
Do you take the time to invest in yourself? I am not talking about money here! I am talking about your own personal growth as a human being. Investing in your personal growth is the best investment that you can make for yourself!
Hey guys! Thanks for taking the time to come on over to the blog to read about how to invest in your personal growth without spending a fortune! I was preparing an email to send to my subscribers with pretty much this same question when it hit me, this would be a really good blog post to share with other people, not just my subscribers!
I have to put this in here for legal reasons: (*This post contains affiliate links. If you click thru the link AND make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will never pay more for a product by using the links. But you will be helping out by supporting this blog & its efforts! So Thank you!!* )
Your personal growth and development is the best thing that you can invest in.
Why? Because it leads you to grow as a person. And when you are growing you are living more of a fulfilled life! There is nothing more satisfying to me than to keep on growing as a person. The more knowledge & skills that you can gain the more full your life will be!
What Is Personal Growth & Development
Personal growth is just that. Growing as a person. You are expanding your mind & skill-set. You become more valuable to yourself and to others! Others will look to you for advice or help. When you keep on learning new skills you have options in life! Not just reacting to what happens to you! You are taking responsibility for yourself and your actions!
You can do that in so many ways. But here are the ways that I am growing as a person each and every day!
- reading personal development books or online articles
- watching personal development videos on YouTube
- taking life coaching courses for myself to gain valuable skills to make my life better
- writing down or saying what I am grateful for every day
- realizing that what I focus on expands. (good or bad- so choose good thoughts!)
- slowly learning how to change my mindset so that I know I will live the life I want to live
- embracing change as it happens and stopping myself from resisting it!
These are just some of the things that I am doing! And most of them are FREE!
Where You Can Find Free Resources To Help Your Personal Growth
Here are some places that you can find resources for FREE to help you grow as a person. And I’m sure if you are into personal development that you do some of the things already! But if you are not and you are interested in growing more as a person then I suggest:
Free Ebooks That You Can Download And Read
- The One Skill: How Mastering The Art Of Letting Go Will Change Your Life an ebook about letting go. Do you have trouble letting go of things? Then this ebook is for you. And it’s totally free!
- 101 Ways To Live Your Life To The Fullest (note: they will ask you to subscribe to get this ebook for free. But to me, it’s totally worth it and they have lots of awesome ebooks about personal development that you can get for free.. So subscribe already! )
- 5 Simple Steps To An Awesome Life brought to you from Vlad Dolezal. It’s a mixture of the best personal growth studies that he has read and his own experiences! Free
- The Genius Within You How To Unlock Your Life Purpose A quick read at 19 pages and free!
These are just a fraction of what is out there online! And to find even more personal development books on any subject that you might want to master in yourself, just do what I do, USE GOOGLE! I love how easy it is to find information when I need it!
But beware! There are so many! And it is easy to get distracted with learning! Make sure you are taking ACTION too! Information is great, but it doesn’t do you any good unless you are actually implementing what you are learning! So take action!!!
Free Courses On Personal Development
- Your Inner Critic Is A Big Jerk by Danielle Krysa. Learn how to form new habits while working with your inner critic. Stop the self-bullying & tips to keep on moving forward when the voice inside you tells you to QUIT!
- Learn Out Loud There are a ton of awesome FREE courses, videos you name it at this site! So check it out!
- How To Gain More Confidence & Passion For Life this is a free Udemy course. Get it NOW while it’s free. I don’t know how long it will stay free.
I highly recommend Udemy! I love Udemy and use it myself. This is also where I got my life coaching courses for a really great price ( I got it for a discount of 98% off what it would have normally been all because I signed up for Udemy! So sign up to get awesome discounts and learn the skills that you need to learn to help you expand your knowledge.)
If you want to find more courses than what I have listed above, Google is your friend!
But I caution to just do one at a time so that you don’t get overwhelmed! You want to take action on anything that you learn! Also, you can find free courses on Udemy too.. Just type free in their search bar and you will be amazed at what you can learn for free! I’m talking tech stuff, water-coloring, graphic design.. You name it!
The picture you see above is just one of the courses that I have completed on Udemy! And I got it at a steal! Send me a comment or an email if you want to know how much I spent!
What I suggest to you
What I suggest to you is to make time to invest in yourself! Time & effort go a long way. You don’t necessarily have to invest money if you don’t have it right now to invest. But if you do have the money, then I say go for it. Invest in that course, group, mastermind whatever it is! Because personal development & growth is important. And you can never go wrong when you invest in yourself!
I hope you have enjoyed this post. This is just a snippet of what I do to help my personal growth. I am continuously learning and gaining skills that I need to help me even more.
But one thing that will set you apart from the pack is when you implement that which you learn! Take Action, my friends!!! And keep on taking action! And when you do make sure you celebrate those small wins! That will help you build momentum & keep you motivated to keep going toward that big goal you have!!
So my question to you is are you investing in your own personal growth?
I would love to hear what you do to help your personal development grow. Leave me a comment! And remember that other people can learn from your comment as much as they can my post!
Some other articles that you might like:
If you read this far! Wow! I am surprised! Many people only scan blogs and don’t really read the whole thing. But if you did I just want to say “Thank you!” and give you a big virtual hug from me to you!!!! And ask you if you would take the time to fill out this quick survey! I sent it to my subscribers who are so important to me.. But now I’m putting it out there to you too!!
Just click the link to go to the survey. It will take you to a Google Form! Thanks so much! I really do appreciate it! 🙂
Till next time