When You Feel Like You Don’t Fit In – CELEBRATE IT
Do you feel like you don’t fit in with the people around you? At school or work? Guess what? That’s ok. In fact, it’s more than ok. It means that you are unique and different. And that is what makes the most successful people! The Visionaries of the World!
Hey guys! I’m so glad you found my little corner of the internet. My name is Amy & I am the blogger behind iheartloa.com where we talk about all things Law of Attraction, Manifesting & Personal Development.
I have to put this in here for legal purposes: (*This post contains affiliate links. If you click thru the link AND make a purchase, I may receive a commission. You will never pay more for a product by using the links. But you will be helping out by supporting this blog & its efforts! So Thank you!!* )
Here’s A Video Pretty Much Saying The Same Thing As The Blog Post For Those Of You That Don’t Want To Read The Whole Post! I got ya covered!! 😉☺🤩
Why today’s topic?
When you are an introvert like me, you feel isolated from the world sometimes. You feel like you don’t fit in. Like you don’t belong anywhere. And you have to learn to celebrate your differences instead of seeing them as failings.
I have had this on my mind for a while now. Because I almost let myself go into a dark place here lately. I don’t feel like I fit in at work around other people. I don’t feel like I fit in anywhere. Except when I am around the people that love me for me. Like my boyfriend or my family.
And I have decided instead of ducking my head and letting myself feel like a weirdo, that I was going to embrace being different. That from this day on, I will learn to love the differences that make me, me.
And if you feel like that too, then you have come to the right place. Because today we are going to learn how our differences make us unique. And how you can use those differences to stand out from the crowd and learn to love the person that you have become!
Being different in a world where everyone is trying to fit in
Yes, your differences make you stand out like a sore thumb. But you need to start thinking about them in a different, more positive way. Your differences make you stand out! P.E.R.I.O.D That is a good thing. You don’t want to be like anyone else. You want to be authentic to YOU and celebrate your YOU-NESS!
What makes you different from other people might be the very thing that makes you successful.
And embracing your differences shows the world that you are choosing to live life on your own terms. Not by the social norms that have been put in place by our society.
You don’t follow the rules, you make your own rules to live by!
The Visionaries of The World
They didn’t fit into society’s norm. They weren’t called normal growing up. They were the introverts. The Nerds. The Geeks. They were bullied at school. They were looked down upon by others. There were “irrelevant.”
But were they really? While they were teased for being a bookworm or too quiet, they were also dreaming of ways to escape. Dreaming of ways to make the world a better place.
They are the ultra-successful now. They are the Bill Gates of the world. They are the Steve Jobs. They are the Elon Musks. Each person mentioned not only aligned and embraced their differences, but they went on the make the world a better place.
So instead of hating the fact that you are different from somebody else.
Learn to love those qualities that make you different! They are what make you- YOU. And when you can learn to love the person that life has shaped you into, then you can start to look toward your future with excitement.
And realize that you can make your life great. But only YOU can do this for yourself. Step out of the dark and into the light. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that you can’t do or be what you want to be in this life. Because you only have this one chance to make your life what you want it to be!!!
So stop worrying about what other people think. Don’t worry if they talk to you or not. Just be the person that you are. Show the kindness that is in your heart. The love that you have to offer. And be inexcusably YOU!
Some other awesome articles on “celebrating your differences” that I have found online during my research for this article. Being The Odd One Out – Forbes , 4 Ways To Embrace Being Different, Overcoming The Social Costs of Being Different
Here are some of my differences that I have noticed
- I am quiet until I feel close enough to let you in to “my world”
- I don’t like being around huge rooms full of people that I don’t know (and even some I do lol)
- I can sit for hours in one place reading & writing. I am a deep thinker. I am always thinking “What is my purpose in life?” “What was I put on this earth to do?” “How can I help other people? And make the world a better place?”
- I love to read inspiring blog posts that make me feel like I can do anything! I am always reading personal development books (self-help books)
- I love learning new things about blogging & I love blogging. A lot of people totally don’t get that. And don’t even know what blogging is. And why one would even want to start a blog. For me, this is a way to get my voice out of my head and into the world.
- I could stay at home and totally be happy just BEING. I don’t have to go places or do things to be happy. I am totally happy just being at home. (But yes, I do like to go to other places as long as I don’t have to be around a lot of people lol)
- My Sunday School teacher thought I couldn’t speak when I was like 5 years old. Because I was so quiet, when I did feel comfortable enough to open my mouth one Sunday morning, she went running upstairs and interrupted the whole Sunday sermon to announce “That Amy spoke!” lol. My parents laughed and told her “Amy could always speak! She’s just quiet.” (How embarrassing!! lol)
- I prefer my own company to that of others. (Comes with being an introvert. I totally need to work on the label I have put on myself, I think.) Is that mean to say that? But it’s true. Unless you are my bf or my kids. They have a special place in my heart. And I love being with them. Or you are a subscriber! When someone subscribes to my blog, I freakin celebrate it! I write it down in my planner. And I am like, Yes, another person that gets ME!
- I used to drink & party to cover up my social awkwardness. To fit in with other people. Because when I got drunk or high, the shyness disappeared. But that was just a really bad decision that led me down a very long and bad road. But I wouldn’t be the person that I am today if I wouldn’t have made those mistakes in my life. And learned my lessons from them!
- I am learning that my blogging has opened up a whole new way for me to meet other people just like me. And it brings me out of my shell. From this quiet girl. To one that feels like her voice matters!
I guess it all comes down to “self-love”
Are you comfortable enough in your own skin? Are you comfortable with who you have become? Can you learn to love the person that you see staring back at you in the mirror? When you start changing on the inside, your whole world starts to change on the outside. So, be you. Love – YOU!
And when you can learn to love the things that make you different from everyone else, that is when you can fully embrace who you are. And who you are meant to be.
Step into yourself.
But never stop growing.
Self-realization is not the end of your growth.
It’s always good to accept yourself like you are. But don’t forget that stepping out of your comfort zone is the only way to grow as a human and to see that you can do the things that your mind tells you, you can’t.
So, even tho I am learning to embrace my differences from other people, I am also learning that I need to do the things that make me “uncomfortable” sometimes, to really feel alive!
To show myself that I can do them. And to always keep breaking a little bit of that shell, one uncomfortable moment at a time. It’s all about growing as a person. Becoming the best version of myself that I can be.
What are some of your differences that make you – YOU?
I would love to know. Does any of this resonate with you? If so, I would love to hear about it in the comments. Or just let me know that you stopped by. Say hi! I love hearing from people that have stopped by. Because sometimes you just need that reassurance that your voice has been heard. And that you are not alone!
Here are some other inspiring articles that you might like to read. I hope you enjoy them!
Till next time,